Monday 20 May 2013

A Yorkshire Tea

Tonight we had deconstructed Toad in the Hole. I don't like to cook TitH as it's intended to be, I prefer to cook the sausage and Yorkshires separately - it means you get properly cooked Yorkshires and not raw bits.

My fool proof Yorkshire recipe:
Makes 8 muffin sized Yorkshires.
Preheat oven to highest setting. Add sunflower oil to the muffin tin. Beat together
285 ml full fat milk
115 g plain flour
Pinch of salt
3 eggs

Let it rest for ten minutes in a jug. When the oil is ready / oven to temperature, pour into the muffin tin - see this is why I let the mixture rest in a jug! Get back in the oven quick and shut the door, keeping it shut for around 20 minutes. Don't open the door too early.

I also made Onion Sauce to go with it (and gravy of course). My mum always served Onion Sauce with it, from a packet, so I decided to try and make my own:

1 large onion chopped
About 350ml milk
Bring the onion and milk to the boil then simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes. Strain the onion out and put the milk back on the heat, adding flour and butter to make an all in one white sauce. When thickened, add 3/4 of the chopped onion back in with seasoning and serve

Yum yum!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment