Monday 31 March 2014

Mint choc chip cookies

Sings "Gino oh Gino Ginelli"

Anyone remember the ice cream make Gino Ginelli? I certainly do. Our family favourite in the late 80s was their mint choc chip ice cream. And this is what these cookies remind me of, but of course in cookie form.



Planning Max's birthday party (superhero themed), I was Pinteresting when I came across photos of green mint cookies. A green cookie was perfect for an Incredible Hulk cookie so I adapted a recipe to suit what I wanted

Mint choc chip cookies
100g soft butter/margarine
150g soft light brown sugar
1/2 tsp mint essence
1 large egg
150g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Green food colouring 
150g choc chips

Makes 12

Preheat the oven to 180c /160 fan
Cream the butter and sugar together then beat in the mint essence and egg followed by the flour and baking powder until just combined. I use gel colourings of which you need just a bit, I'm guessing maybe 1-2 tsp would be required if using liquid colouring. 

Using a tablespoon, dollop blobs of cookie dough onto baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes until turning colour. Leave to cool on the baking sheets.

They're a lot more cakey than a harder biscuit or soft baked cookie, but it doesn't matter with these. It maybe actually makes them even more yummy and I do feel some mint choc chip cupcakes might be in order soon. I think the green food colouring even adds to the mint aspect.

Unfortunately I have no photos :( how very silly of me

But I do have a photo of the hulk biscuits I made :)


No comments:

Post a Comment