Wednesday 5 March 2014

Pancake Day

Was actually yesterday and I did rustle up a few Crepes as I wasn't hungry at tea time. So tonight I decided to have proper pancake day and made American pancakes.

I have to admit, very ashamedly, that in the past I've bought an American box mix from Selfridges where you just add an egg but really it was time to pack that in and make my own. It's not difficult is it?!

American pancakes 
135g self raising flour 
1 tsp baking powder 
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp melted butter (cooled)
130ml milk 

Makes approx 6

Mix all the ingredients together with a whisk to form a thick batter with no lumps. Leave to rest for a few minutes

Heat a non stick pan to medium and add a little oil dabbing it around with kitchen roll. Add dollops of batter to the pan and leave to cook on one side for a few minutes, them flip and cook on the other side. They should be fluffy in the middle and about 1cm high.

I had mine with crispy bacon and maple syrup. Like you should!

Excuse the half eaten plate photo


No comments:

Post a Comment