Thursday 23 October 2014

Coconut, cranberry & cream cheese bundt

I do love a bundt cake. But I only have on every boring round bundt tin. Nordicware have some amazing bundt tins, I think I may have to treat myself to one soon!

I'm off to a soirée tomorrow evening and have said I'll bring cake. Any excuse to bake!

I came across this recipe the other day by one of my faves: Jo Wheatley.

It's not been tasted yet so can't comment on that but it does smell delicious and I'm hoping that the surprise middle will add a different dimension to this cake.

Ingredients:
270g butter/margarine
250g caster sugar
4 eggs
270g self raising flour
100ml double cream
100g dessicated coconut
100g dried cranberries

200g full fat cream cheese
3 tbsp caster sugar
30g dessicated coconut

Preheat the oven to 170/150 fan.

Mix the butter/margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy then beat the eggs in well, one at a time. Sift in the flour and mix then add in the cream and mix. Finally beat in the coconut and cranberries.

Half fill a well greased bundt tin and mix together the cream cheese, caster sugar and dessicated coconut. The original recipe states that you roll these ingredients together into a sausage and put into the bundt tin, but no way that was possible! It was just too runny despite the fact I used the best cream cheese so I mixed together and dolloped it in a circle like this in the middle of the batter.


Then cover with the rest of the cake batter so it encircles the cream cheese and bake for 45 minutes until the cake is cooked through.

Leave to cool in the turn then turn out and eat!




Original Recipe: http://www.josblueaga.com/2014/01/cranberry-coconut-and-cream-cheese-bunt.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment