Friday 6 March 2015

Mini egg blondies

It's not easter yet but if mini eggs are out then mini eggs need to be eaten!

I really don't like american recipes as I find cup measurements too vague but I decided to go with this one and use cups for the first time. Ever!

But it worked though I'm not convinced at all that the cup method will be used much by myself. I'm dieting still but did save a piece of this back and it was well worth the fall off the wagon. I will definitely make these again so here follows the recipe. Blondies don't always use peanut butter but this recipe does

8 tbsp butter/margarine (115g)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar 
1/2 cup peanut butter 
1 egg
1 cup self raising flour 
1 tbsp milk
1 cup mini eggs 

Preheat oven to 190/170 fan. Grease and line an 8x8" baking tin. 

Mix together the butter/margarine and the two sugars. Add the peanut butter and mix. Add the egg and mix, scraping down the sides so everything is incorporated then finally add the flour and milk. Spoon into the baking tin then dot in the mini eggs (I find this way they're evenly dispersed so every piece gets eggs in it)



Bake for 30 minutes until the centre is set then leave to cool in the tin

Slice and devour 

Apologies for the terrible photos, they do no justice to the amazing taste 






2 comments:

  1. haha thanks for posting a recipe with American measurements! Even if you don't like them because now I can try this! LOL I just have to convert the oven temp to F. ;) easy enough. hah

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're just not used to them much over here, they seem to imprecise. But hey, it worked!

    ReplyDelete